Direct-add bacteria can be added directly pouring the acclimated bag into the wine. Alternatively, they can be propagated with Reactivateur to increase population and efficiency:
- Draw a small portion of the wine to be inoculated.
- Use 100 liters (26 Gal) for 250hL (6600 Ga).
- Add 60 ppm of Fermoplus Malolactique.
- Adjust pH to 3.5 – 4 and inoculate with the malolactic bacteria of your choice.
- Maintain a constant temperature of 24°C/ 75°F for 24 hours.
- The next day that portion of wine will have a much more aggressive population to quickly start the ML process in the rest of the tank.