For 100 hL of wine in stuck AF
1. Preliminary operation on stuck wine
- Rack/centrifuge avoiding air.
- Adjust wine temperature to 20°C (68°F).
- Adjust SO2 at 1-2 g/hL (10-20 ppm).
- Add: For white wines: BI-ACTIV®: 40 g/hL (400 ppm) | For red wines: OENOCELL®: 40 g/hL (400 ppm).
- Mix wine anaerobically every 12 hours for 24 hours.
- Move on to step 2
2. Preparation of the yeast inoculum
2.1 Preparation of the wine for the yeast inoculum
- Take 5 hL of the volume of the treated stuck wine from step 1.
- Adjust the alcohol to 8 %, the sugar content to 20 g/L and the temperature to 20°C (68°F).
- Add THIAZOTE® PH: 20 g/hL (200 ppm) to this volume of wine and mix thoroughly.
2.2 Yeast preparation
- Prepare 60 L of water at 40°C (104°F).
- Add the yeast rehydration nutrient SUPERSTART® SPARK or SUPERSTART® ROUGE: 30 g/hL (300 ppm) of the volume of wine to be treated, then homogenize.
- Add ACTIFLORE® B0213: 30 g/hL (300 ppm ) of the volume of wine to be treated, then homogenise.
- Wait 20 minutes, then homogenize.
- Add immediately 20 L of treated wine from step 2-1.
- Wait 10 minutes, let cool to 20°C (68°F) and maintain the temperature between 20-25°C (68°F-77°F).
- The total time of the yeast rehydration must not exceed 45 minutes.
*Check with a thermometer
2.3 Acclimatisation of the yeast preparation
- Add the yeast preparation (Step 2.2) to the prepared wine for the yeast inoculum (step 2.1).
- Measure the Brix and maintain the inoculum at 20°C (68°F) with aeration until 0.5°Brix (avoid the total exhaustion of sugars in the inoculum and a fall in the yeast activity). Aerate as soon as AF starts.
- Double the volume with treated wine (step 1) at 20°C (68°F).
- Measure the Brix and maintain again the inoculum at 20°C (68°F) until 0.5°Brix. Aerate again when fermentation becomes active.
3. Incorporation of yeast inoculum in the tank
- Add the yeast inoculum to the treated wine (step 1), maintain at 20°C (68°F).
- Add 30 g/hL (300 ppm) of NUTRISTART® ORG to the total volume of
the tank to the treated wine (Step 1).